Kids Cook Along - Jane's American Pancakes
Janes Fluffy American Pancakes
Makes 10 – 12
Time: 15 – 20 minutes
- 120g Self Raising Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder (not absolutely necessary but makes them even more fluffier)
- 30g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract, almond extract or a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 25g Salted butter (melted) or vegetable oil/ coconut oil – or leave out…
- 125ml Milk of some sort
- 1 Large egg
Whatever you fancy for topping, I used banana, pecans and maple syrup, try peanut butter or Nutella, blueberries, honey and a dollop of yoghurt.
Equipment – Scales, two bowls, whisk, spatula/ spoon, frying pan
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Mix together melted butter, milk and beaten egg.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth, pour into a jug, this makes it easy to pour onto the frying pan.
- Very lightly grease a frying pan and heat on the hob. When the pan is hot pour small amounts into the pan, only cook 2 or three at a time and leave some space between them.
- Cook until the mixture starts to bubble then flip over and cook until both sides are golden brown. Wrap in a tea towel and keep warm until you are ready to eat.
- Stack the pancakes and add your choice of toppings, sandwich with peanut butter or Nutella and banana and pour over maple syrup or honey. Any fruits are delicious, I like to add raisins to the mixture too.