Jane’s Simple Cookies with Sprinkles or Chocolate
Makes: 25 – 30
Time: 35-40 minutes
- 290g Plain flour
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 170g Salted butter - softened
- 100g Caster sugar
- 50g Icing sugar
- 60ml Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Sprinkles and/or squares of chocolate
Two baking sheets lined with non stick paper
- Preheat oven to 160C Fan 180C conventional
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt
- In a separate bowl cream together the butter, caster sugar, icing sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mix, bring together in a ball, return to the bowl and cover with a plate and pop into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Get your sprinkles ready by pouring them into a small bowl. Break the chocolate up into small squares.
- When the biscuit mixture is firm enough to handle form it into small balls the size of a walnut, roll half of them in the sprinkle mixture and place on the baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes until firm.
- While the sprinkle cookies are baking squash a square of chocolate into the remaining balls of dough, smooth the dough over the chocolate so it is completely enclosed. Roll gently in your hands to form a ball.
- When the sprinkles cookies are baked remove from the tray and place on a cooling rack.
- Allow the baking trays to cool and then place the chocolate stuffed balls onto the trays and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool if you can bear to wait.